Friday, June 29, 2012

Thank you For My Friends

Dear Universe,
When I was a little girl, I was taught that everything that comes from the Earth goes back to the Earth. Karma is the same way. So, I have made it a habit in my life, to ensure that I say my thanks or my peace or get my anger off of my chest as soon as possible. To me, having a regret...wishing you would have said something sooner, is something I refuse to have in my life.

Tonight, I think I have had the best time not only at work, but almost at any point in my life. I am not saying that being at work with Katharina, Justice, Raven and myself takes the place of really important loving moments between a past/present lover, but it has built a new column for itself. I have never felt comfortable around girls. Steinbeck said that it is a girl's sexual essence that is what keeps some women away from others. According to Chrissy/Hailey, it is he fact that we do not play mind games and thus we interrupt what other women are "teaching" their men to do. I have no explanation for this phenomena. In the past, I have felt at home with certain girls, especially where I work now. I have felt not welcomed, but accepted for who I am. But with Katharina, Justice, and Raven, I feel as though I have found other women just like myself. We have the same quirks, we have the same giggly nature. We enjoy and dislike similar things. The union that we share, maybe will only last one or two more nights and eventually one will move away. However, until then, Universe, I am so very grateful and thankful that you have allowed all of them to come into my life. Especially all together, boy do we have fun. I was coming out of session, as was Justice and Katharina and I couldn't help it. I needed to take a photo, a photo of the perfect night at work. A photo of the perfect co-workers. A photo of some women who I feel so close, safe, and important to and with. A photo to always remind me that I am never alone, no matter how odd I am. My troubles are not just my own but their are shared by many, and if I am lucky enough one day, I will be able to share my fears and joys with them in the distant future.

Chrissy said that to love someone is to make an active choice. One doesn't just "fall" into love, one has control. One can tell, alright from now on, I know that I will love you, and one takes steps to ensure the love grows or is snipped in the bud. Right now, I am choosing to love all of you. I am choosing to keep all of you in my heart. I am choosing to say thank you for making me feel loved and special just for being the strange idealist girl that I am. I LOVE YOU.

Dear Universe, thank you for making me the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you for giving me such wonderful friends. Thank you for sending me people who are willing to help me through any trouble, through any hardship and doubt. And thank you, thank you, for sending me people who can make me laugh and who in return I can love with all of my heart.

Your grateful subject and humble servant,
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment